Sunday, August 31, 2008

45 mi coast ride

Yesterday was a fabulous beach bike ride with the family, followed by a great beach day at Beacons with some friends, and their family.

Had a beautiful ride this morning. Well rested, got on the road by about 6:30 and headed out to an empty PCH. Up the Torrey hill, back down into La Jolla shores, over to LJ Cove, past Windansea, Birdrock, PB and down to the jetty at South Mission Beach. Return ride was still pretty uncrowded, but coming back through Del Mar saw a lot of cyclists heading out for their rides. Passing Del Mar Dog Beach, I saw my usual volleyball crew (TARPP) getting the rules briefing for the annual King/Queen of the Beach tournament. They all looked pretty focused listening, so I guess Eric must've been giving out the rules/regs of the tourney, and the team pairings. I skipped this event this year because last year I hurt my wimpy back by diving too much while trying to make it out of the quarter finals and into the semis, and also discovered the next day that I had an unbelievable amount of blisters (on top of blisters) which took almost 2 weeks to heal all the way. But the back injury began the injury spiral took me down for the better part of 8 months. Glad I'm finally healthy and getting fit again.

Off to the beach with the family again today, with another group of friends and their kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment