Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pendleton recap and First 1/2 Marathon

I'm on vacation at home this week (just like I did last year). Absolutely outstanding. Started out with the Pendleton Sprint Tri, and moved up into the upper 33% (13 of 46 in age group), however most of the usual suspects were not present so I'm not going to weight it to heavily in my mind. Nonetheless, what a fun race! Beautiful bike ride, and the finish line was really cool through the LCAC. On the drive back home saw a newlywed couple (from the writing on their windows) leaving the Tri with a pair of bikes on top. Gave them a huge shaka - what a great way to begin their journey together!

The rest of the week has been tons of fun spending time with my kids, and their friends at the beach for surfing, boogie boarding, snorkeling at the cove, Del Mar racetrack, mini-golf, Lego-land, etc, and some nice date nights with my fabulous wife.

Yesterday, did a session at Velocity sports fitness in Carlsbad with a friend of mine, and had a good time and a good workout.

Today I'm thrilled to have run my first half marathon distance run. Yeah, it was ~9 min/mile pace, but I did it, and 6 months ago, 13.1 miles would've been unthinkable for me. Ran this route twice: http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=232599

Looking forward to the Solana Beach Playa Del Run this weekend. Sadly skipped the AFC Half Marathon, because I thought I wouldn't be ready for it - guess I was wrong. Still have the Silver Strand Half Marthon, and Carlsbad Half to look forward to though.

Anyway, what a great week - wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment