Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mission Bay Triathlon

Sunday was the Mission Bay Triathlon. Lots of triathletes, lots of fun, and a great end of the 2008 triathlon season for me and my dad, who started and finished here for this, our first season of doing triathlon.

This was my first race back since spraining my ankle, and the ankle, and my body on the whole, felt great. I finished 28th of 95 in my age group, and dad finished 2nd.

The swim course was nice because it was straight, and broad, so no issues with sighting, and plenty of room for everyone to swim at their own pace.

Bike course was very flat, with lots of sharp turns through Sea World, along with some water in that parking lot, but overall it was a great course because the pavement is so smooth along the whole way that the wheels were just humming across it. Once on the major portion of the course, past Sea World, and around Fiesta Island, there was plenty of room to pass, so I could just focus on hammering as hard as I could.

The run course was just plain fun and scenic, and a great crowd along the whole finish.

Here's some pics of me and my dad:




Here's Bill Haines, my dad, and Gerry Forman (1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively in their AG).

2 comments:

  1. killer way to end the season and glad to hear the ankle is good to go?

    any fun things lined up for the off-season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off season plan:

    train harder, train harder, repeat.

    get ready for Silver Strand and Carlsbad half marathons, and California 70.3

    Snowboarding in Mammoth!

    Thanks for the info on the Forerunner 305. Ran with it today - excellent pace and HR guide. dig it!

    ReplyDelete