Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First 1/2 Iron swim

Wanted to swim last night after kids went to bed, but was worried about right ear. Still felt clogged up from body surfing on Saturday. This morning, after some good rest and vitamins, hit the pool kinda later (around 6:45). Lots of people in the pool today. Maybe people are (like me) getting their last good swim workout before the Solana Beach tri. Funny though, that one is really a short swim - 500M I think. Anyway, I did a 1/2 Ironman set of 2100M continuous freestyle. I always work it this way since I'm really just trying to do what I need to do in the race. I've seen lots of arguments to do other stuff - sprints, kicks, etc., but right now, I'm just into training exactly like I'm going to race. Anyway, my first workout at this distance went OK for me. Hope the ear stays OK.

2100M freestyle, total time=37:28.71, avg/100=1:47.08

The guys winning my AG are swimming 1:15's (like Gunner Granquist - dang that's fast dude!) to 1:30's, and that's INCLUDING the time to sprint up the beach to T1!

Tomorrow, I hope to time my ride on the Solana Beach Triathlon route and hope for no stop lights. Then it's resting my body, and trying to keep from going crazy for lack of doing anything until race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment