Friday, July 25, 2008

Too much rest

Could there be such a thing? Well, yes. I haven't done anything but rest since Tuesday, and I'm now officially going crazy. I really don't want to do any work outs now since I'm almost to race day and I'd like to see if I do any better when fully rested. Funny that Solana Beach started out at the beginning of spring as my GOAL, and now it's really far too short to be a goal. I am, however, absolutely looking forward to it, particularly because my dad's doing this one with me. It's just that I should not have interrupted my training schedule for so long, even though I want to see how far I can crank up my speed (especially on the run) when I'm fully rested.

I can't believe that my right hamstring is still tight from pulling it playing volleyball on the Friday before the Carlsbad tri. That was 2 weeks ago! I tried stretching it last night, and it's still pretty tight. Oh, well.

Tomorrow's Saturday!! Packet pickup, excitement building, and gear prep!

No comments:

Post a Comment