Monday, November 24, 2008

Princess Weekend at Marston

This weekend I took my daughter on her Indian Princess camp out at Camp Marston, just outside of Julian.

For those of you without kids, let me tell you that I was one of those guys that was very, very afraid of parenthood, and thought that there was a good chance that I wouldn't like it (selfish person that I am), and an equally good chance that I would be terrible at it.

I now think I am living proof that the cliche about not liking kids until you have your own is absolutely 100% true, in my case at least. I don't know if I'm good, bad, or otherwise at it, but for me, nothing really beats spending some great time with my kids doing fun stuff.

It's really quite wonderful seeing them learning and enjoying new things, coming into their own as people with interesting, and quite often funny things to say.

The weather at Marston this weekend could not be beat. Perfect temperature, perfect blue sky days, and starry windless nights. And Marston, like Indian Hills, is one of those places where you can fully take advantage of all that great weather. There is so much to do up there that you're never at a loss for something fun.

I'll be back up there in two weeks with my son - can't wait!













2 comments:

  1. Hey there. Thanks for reading my blog. I returned the favor and read several of yours. It looks to me like you can find plenty of motivation in your dad too. It's tough to get out there and do things when it would be so much fun to sit back and relax. On the other hand, getting out there in nature and enjoying it is fun too. I'm sure your kids appreciate that too. We have some pretty cold weather up here now and it's only going to get colder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this posting! I was just talking to my dad tonight about our experiences in Indian Princesses when I was little. For my whole life, my dad has exposed me to a sports, the outdoors and an activity-oriented lifestyle, including Princesses, which has without a doubt has led me to be a woman with an athletic, competitive, go-get-'em state of mind. Dads have such an influence on making their girls gnarly... so, keep it up and you may have a future triathlete on your hands! Nowadays, my dad cheers for me and takes pics from the sidelines. It's funny, because now I'm the one trying to get him to be bold and do a race! Ha ha! But keep up the good work as a GREAT dad :)

    ReplyDelete