Monday, September 15, 2008

Finally on the mend

Got off the crutches on Tuesday of last week. Hobbled around for 3 days trying to heel strike, and push off on the ball of my lame foot. By Friday, I was still limping, but could get around OK which was good, because my son and I had a campout scheduled at Indian Hills. At the last minute, as I was loading Max's bike onto the truck, I decided to load my mountain bike and just see how it would go.

Indian Hills has tons of great stuff for Max and the boys of his tribe. Archery, ziplines, paintball range, a huge playset with towers to climb, rope ladders, slides, and a huge rope swing, two pools (one had two slides), animals,



and lastly, Max's and my favorite...

the BMX Bike Track.

This thing rocked. The boys had such a great time on that track, and I did too - was like a kid again.

I started off super-slowly and carefully, trying to avoid re-injuring my still swollen, and painful left ankle. Saturday I ramped it up more and more, until I was charging it. Sunday was just excellent - completely in my groove, and having a great time watching Max and the other kids get the track dialed in.

I don't think I'm ready to run yet, but at least I know I can bike - yeeeehaaah!

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear things are coming around,

    that bmx track looks sick!!

    ReplyDelete